I want to share with you exactly what you need to know about the most talked about piece of technology in Real Estate – Matterport.
If you don’t already know what Matterport is, then you better strap in; this American company has just announced that over 75 million people have now experienced this Real Estate Marketing tool worldwide. So what is it? Basically, Matterport allows users to capture, navigate and share 3D spaces online, on mobile, and in virtual reality. Don’t get scared off thinking that virtual reality is too complicated though, and instead, do yourself a favour by testing it out below:
WHY YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE USING IT.
Let’s be honest, Matterport 3D Spaces are pretty cool… But is it worth your vendors money? These are our top 3 reasons of why you should already be using it.
- It attracts the right buyer. Interstate and overseas viewers can take a self-guided tour of the property without physically needing to visit. This builds trust and confidence in buyers – exactly what you need to get genuine offers to purchase.
- It saves you time. No more wasted efforts showing your listings to people that were never suited to the property anyway.
- Stand out as an industry expert. Show your client base that you’re in the know about the latest property marketing tools.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT 2D!
Despite Matterport Online Spaces having a ‘3D Dollhouse’ functionality, most agents still find that it doesn’t replace the functionality of a classic 2D Floor Plan. A good supplier will provide you with both so that you’ve got something to print on brochures and hand out at open homes.
If you’re already using Matterport scans and need a good 2D Floor Plan solution, Pure Design Concepts now offers the ability for any Matterport user to get premium quality 2D Floor Plans for a competitive price when matterport model is provided. Click here to find out more.
AHHH, THERE’S ALWAYS A CATCH.
Hate to burst your bubble, but here’s what the naysayers think.
- It reduces the number of people that you’ll get at open homes. Therefore, it reduces your opportunity to sell.
- It shows every room of the house. So, if that second bathroom from the sixties still hasn’t been renovated, then your buyers are going to see it very quickly.
- Depending on your supplier, it’s gonna eat into that already tight marketing budget at upwards of $350 a pop.
WHERE TO GET IT?
This will be the only time you’ll catch me suggesting this, but my top tip is to find yourself the cheapest supplier in town. Why? Unlike Photography, Video and Floor Plans, The Matterport equipment used to create the 3D spaces doesn’t need a skilful eye to produce a great result. That said, you still want to make sure you’re putting professionals you can trust in front of your clients. We can recommend a supplier to you or organise on your behalf.
Not a mandatory marketing tool but if the budget allows and your property is presented well, it’s definitely a thumbs up from us.
Written by Aaron Burstow